Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mora re-handle

This knife is a Frosts Mora blade that I put a new handle on and made a different kind of sheath for. Really the sheath was the reason I wanted to do this, and I got some practice doing a convex grind on the blade. The handle and sheath are oak, and the handle has a curly maple spacer down the middle. This sheath is meant to be worn around the neck or across one shoulder, but it can be tightened and worn around the waist as well if that is needed. This was a fun project and I have a few more that I will be doing something similar with.
I gave this one to my brother who gave me the moras and he is using it all the time!
Thanks for looking!





1 comment:

Eugene Smith said...

Excellent shape on that handle, looks like a killer all around knife! You're good man. When is the Damascus gonna happen?