Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tomahawk and an EDC

The tomahawk I forged from an old ballpein hammer head. It was a lot of work but really fun! I made it for splitting kindling and cutting small branches and wanted to leave it looking kindof rough, so i did not sand out all of the hammer marks. The handle is maple, lightly stained. The little knife is what I carry every day now. the blade is O1 and the handle is caribou rib that my parents got for me in Alaska. i already broke the pocket clip on the sheath but it still functions ok for now. I will be fixing it in the semi near future.










1 comment:

Eugene Smith said...

That Tomahawk is a beauty! I like the rough touch of metal coming through the polish, it works with the semi-refined look. Plus, who wants to chop s*@t up with a perfectly polished blade? Nice work Josh.